Back in the saddle again….or something. Heh! Had to post the sign above because it is probably my favorite of the lot!
I find that writing and posting these always takes me much longer than I expect. This past week I chose going to sleep before midnight over trying to do these. I have to say that I’ve really missed this process. I just need to find a way to write my gratitudes AND get enough sleep. With my schedule that isn’t always easy.
Regardless, here I am. Ta-da!
It is Saturday morning (er…early afternoon…but it feels like morning still because I’m just now getting up..), and we haven’t yet left for our great, poorly planned, adhd, camping adventure yet. Honestly, I’m okay with that. I think I really needed a morning where I wasn’t hurrying to go somewhere and do something. We’ll go when we go and that will be fine.
So without further pre-gratitude prattling, my gratitudes include:
1) Being okay with doing nothing when I feel like I am supposed to be doing something. I’m very bad at this, and allowing myself the time to just be this morning is very, very good for me.
2) Lazy mornings really rock. Even when I have a migraine.
3) It has been a week of strange dreams for me. I’ve been a prolific dreamer ever since I was a small child. My mother used to ask me about my dreams every morning when I was little and I think this has contributed, over the years, to my having pretty good dream recollection. I’m thankful to her for doing that with me. Some of my dreams this week have been so odd as to be hilarious in terms of them succinctly combining all of my current major stressors into one succinct dream. I’m thankful that I am able to recall dreams and that I can find amusement in them.
4) I repeat the notion that Imitrex and caffeine are minor deities. I’m so grateful for them when I have migraines. I’m also wildly thankful for the many days I don’t have migraines. Phew.
5) I’m beyond thankful that I can read and write. Literacy is a privilege that is denied to so many people and I feel so INCREDIBLY lucky that I am literate.
6) Oatmeal with blueberries and honey just appeared courtesy of Rob. YUM! WOOHOO!
7) I’m thrilled to be at the beginning of a three day weekend. Simply thrilled.
8) Getting issues resolved at work = a huge relief.
9) Starting to seriously consider what I want to do with my work life is both wonderful and scary. I’m thankful that it is starting to happen, and it is bringing up all sorts of esteem issues for me. This is actually great because that means I get to work on those too.
10) Thesaurus.com is one of my favorite websites though I don’t utilize it nearly enough.
11) Dinner and a walk with Amy, Bill & Rob on Thursday = good and good for me. Such a joy.
12) The hilarious conversation I’m having with Anne as I type this about IM acronyms has me laughing aloud at my computer. Thank you, Anne.
There are many more things I’m thankful for, but my head is starting to hurt again so I’m going to stop.
Tanya Anguita is a photographer, writer, & performer who finds delight in the small details of life. She owns Frog Song Photography in Berkeley, California and posts to three blogs: