I thought I’d try writing early this evening, in an effort to get some sleep tonight. I’m watching the 1995, BBC version of “Pride and Prejudice” and I want to get back to it *wry grin* so I’ll make this swift.
This evening my Gratitudes include:
1) Going for a morning walk in Marin with Eileen. It was a fortifying and soul-pleasing way to start the day. I am grateful for her graceful friendship, her excellent company and for the exercise. Afterwards we sat in a coffee shop and shared a couple of hours of cherished conversation. What a treat!
2) The freedom that having a vehicle of one’s own allows. I’ve had the car for just about a year now (thank you Kate & Sean!!!) and I really love it. She serves me well and I’m a proud owner, even when I feel a little guilty for joining the gasoline culture. Days like today though, mass transit would have been onerous and I was so thankful for my little four-wheeled beast.
3) My body using its alarm clock when my electronic one failed me. This morning my alarm didn’t go off when it was supposed to, but my body woke me up just in time to run out the door and meet Eileen. Thank you, Body!
4) BBC’s “Pride and Prejudice” really makes me happy. It’s like comfort food in DVD form. Soothing and pleasing to my spirit. Plus there is the whole Colin Firth aspect. Mmmmmm…..Colin Firth.
5) I really like, enjoy, and am thankful to and for thrift stores. I grew up with little money, and, early on, I got very good at finding fabulous things at thrift stores. Now that I’m an adult, who still has very little money, I appreciate them all the more. I’ve never really understood paying high prices for clothing if I don’t have to. Today I spent $22 and bought a fabulous fuzzy purple coat, a velvety purse and a long silk, beaded Indian skirt at Out of the Closet on University Ave. Thrift stores are wonderful, useful, satisfying things. They are also more ecological than buying new. Such a bonus.
6) I’m thankful for the time I’ve had to think this weekend. I’ve had enough time alone that my brain has occasionally found a still, quiet place and it has been lovely….even if the thoughts I’m having are sometimes difficult.
7) Clean sheets are happy making. I love how they feel and smell.
8) (I love the person who creates these signs in Mountain Ranch. They have a great sense of humour! and I thought this particularly fitting given #9 which is:)
9) Difficult conversations that result in clear, loving communication and growth. Thank you, Rob. I love you very much.
10) The potential for creative solutions to ongoing problems. Very exciting stuff.
11) And because I can’t seem to make it through one of these without a food reference: Ginger Snap Cookies are scrumdillyumptious!
Ta-da – all done and it is only 9 p.m. YAY!
Hugs to all and here’s to a great week for everyone!
Tassels and Stripes
20 hours ago