The past weeks have been delicious in so many ways. I've done so much. I've been shown again and again how rich this life I've created, and been blessed with, actually is.
In the past two weeks I've danced with Le Cancan Bijou and modeled for Dark Garden Unique Corsetry at the Edwardian Ball on Friday..plus I had the pleasure of Katie's company...which is always a good thing!
I then returned on Saturday to be part of the "Death By Corset" skit. In so doing, I was lucky enough to see great friends, laugh a lot, and witness some remarkable performances by incredibly talented people. I also got to enjoy a laughter-filled 2 a.m. meal with Cat and Peter that did my heart a world of good. I love you both so very much!
I've been to aerial fitness class, had hilarious tea (PANTS) with Emily (yay for new friends!), taken Chris suit shopping for his wedding, rehearsed for silent movie fun several nights, been out to see Cafe Americain at Cafe Trieste, had Tracy & Mike for a visit, enjoyed a wonderful dinner and yummy company Friday, filmed the final two scenes of Bree's silent movie, stayed with Barbara, Leigh & Joe , had Laura and Cameron at my house, met with Siri about my tattoo, had a delicious and delightful dinner with Michelle (thank you Michelle!), got to play with Kayla and Spiderinda (and a python that didn't squeeze me!!! *grin*), and have had two lovely evenings to myself. My life is so very rich and full. I feel that I am wealthy. Truly, truly wealthy.
I was talking with Whitney at the Edwardian Ball on Friday and she was saying that one of her natural resting places in her life is one of gratitude...and that she recognizes that and is grateful for it...and I was so thankful to get to have that discussion with her because it helped me to recognize more clearly that the same is true for me. That one of my natural "return to" places is one of thankfulness...and I'm so incredibly thankful for that fact...and for the ability to recognize it. Hooray!
So without further prattling,and in no particular order,and probably with terrible punctuation *grin*, today I sing my gratitudes for:
1) Lauren for coming to my sports medicine rescue so swiftly when I sprained my ankle at the silent movie shoot on Saturday. I'm healing swiftly and really believe that it is because I got such amazing and immediate care for it. Thank you Lauren. Wherever you are!
2) Anni for my housewarming gift certificate to Bed Bath & Beyond. I have a microwave at last! Woohoo!
3) Elliot -- All I could hear in my head tonight as I wrestled with hanging my curtain rods was your voice saying "next we'll teach you about leverage, darlin' " and I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you so much for all of the delicious laughter. Glad your trip is going well thus far! :)
4) Laura and Cameron for being such amazing post-it faeries. I have been finding post-its with loving and silly messages every where in my house since they left my house on Monday morning. So much win. I love you two so much! Thank you. Every time I think I've found them all I find another...and it makes me giggle all over again. SO MUCH LOVE! By the way...I've left them all where I've found them...so I can find them over and over again. I particularly love the one inside of my fridge. *grin*
5) Whitney -- thank you so much for the glory that is you...and for the conversation we had about gratitude. So good to see you/be with you whenever it happens.
6) Tracy & Mike -- such a lovely visit -- yummy homebrewed ginger beer and wow...who knew..pickled brussel sprouts...kind of tasty. :) Can't wait to see you again!
7) Bree for the opportunity to be a part of your silent movie project. What a wonderful and fun and funny and creative and delightful thing to get to do. So much fun! :) Truly...thank you!
8) Finding two more boxes of cds in my storage. It is like music Christmas! I'm loving re-discovering my hidden stash of tunes. So much yum. :)
9) Karen for your choreography, teaching, dedication and patience with all of us as we sorted out the dancing routines for the movie. You did an amazing job, Dear One! Truly! I applaud you!
10) Katie -- for your love of "girly banter". Thank goodness for that! *giggle*
11) Being able to recognize how juicy my life is. So thankful for that ability. Hooray!
12) Rick Riordan for writing the "Percy Jackson & The Olympians" series. SUCH a fun read!
13) The ways that music moves me -- to joy, to passion, to tears, to heartache, to pathos, to dance, to catharsis. When I'm listening to it and when I'm singing it...it moves me...to feel...to express...to emote, and I'm so incredibly thankful for the release and for the ability to occasionally offer that to someone else with my singing.
14) Chris and Jen -- Simply because. So thankful to and for you both! Looking forward to your wedding. It is going to be so much fun!
15) Thanks so much to Barbara, Leigh & Joe for their kind hospitality, silly conversation and irreverent giggling last Saturday after film shoot craziness. :) It is always a treat to be in your company!
16) And now some photos from the past couple weeks and then...I sleep! Oooo...and tomorrow is Friday! Hooray!