Today I’ve been riding the mood pony around my psyche. It has been a bumpy ride. *wry smile*
In an effort to get off and stand on stable ground I’m writing my Gratitudes again. I find that it truly rights my soul to do this and gives me excellent perspective.
It is rather like making incredibly tasty lemonade from sometimes sour lemons.
Here we go again….wheeeeeee!
1) I’m thankful for the kind, gentle, whimsical support that I’ve been getting for doing this daily. It is very generous of you and makes me smile. Thank you.
2) Thanks to Doug for this article (http://www.dateline.ucdavis.edu/dl_detail.lasso?id=9839) that supports this exercise. Brilliant. Thank you!
3) Sometimes absence from a loved one can be good in that it can truly make you appreciate that person/make the heart grow fonder. I miss Rob something fierce today and much as it aches a little, it is also a nice to feel the love wrapped up in it all.
4) I paid my car registration renewal today. It is the first time I’ve ever done it. It was easy and painless as I was able to do it online. Hooray for DMV interactions that aren’t painful. What a joy and a relief.
I promised Elizabeth another church sign from Mountain Ranch and thought this one would be good for this gratitude.
5) Tonight I felt really lonely and kind of sad when I got home. I’m thankful for that feeling because it reminded me of the fact that I rarely feel that way. I lead a people-rich life, and am often surrounded by loved ones. I am mightily blessed and I do not take that or any of you for granted.
6) Delivery Thai food from Plearn is on the way to my house. I’m hungry but haven’t been grocery shopping in a while and this way I’m guaranteed leftovers tomorrow for dinner. Mmmmm….pad thai….mmmm.
7) This brings me to a big Hooray for www.grubhub.com. Grubhub is great way to find out what restaurants deliver to your house. It is an online ordering system and it is very convenient. You put in your address and the site lets you know what comes to you. Kind of great!
8) I’m thankful to finally be almost done futzing with my Northern California Pirate Festival 2008 photos. They’ve been a “for me” project so I haven’t gotten around to them. That being said, I’m almost done and I’m very pleased about that fact! YAY!
9) I’m incredibly thankful for the wonderful conversation I just got to have with Monique. She and I have been friends since 1990 and our friendship is one of the greatest joys in my life. She is family to me. She is friend, sister, co-conspirator, heart’s delight and confidante. I love her beyond words and years and time spent and limitations. Such a gift. Thank you, Nomique! I’m so grateful to and for you.
10) I made an important discovery these past couple of days. If I carry my camera in a case, it is more protected, but I do not use it as readily. Good for me to realize and to recognize.
I hope that the day has treated you with kindness and light!
Hugs to all,
Tassels and Stripes
20 hours ago