I've been kind of stuck in my head this past week and in the process, I've lost sight of what is important in my life. I've forgotten to take care of myself and my spirit in some really important ways. I'm embarrassed to say that I've forgotten to live in a consistent state of gratitude. Now it is time to do that tune up and get back to the place I like to live from. It is nice there. :)
Everybody sing...you've got to ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive...e-lim-inate the negative...latch on to the affirmative... don't mess with mr. in between! boy howdy do i need to hear that ... to latch onto the affirmative and not mess with mr. in-between! good reminders....very.
So tonight the gratitudes I sing include:
1) Having Laura and Cameron here with me. There is nothing like a remarkable woman and her amazing 10 year old to make life a better place to be. So much love to and for them both. What a treat! And there was much laughter, and easy sharing, and Cameron's toe-foo, and zombie jokes, and Laura's glorious smile, and the tail Cameron made me because I like to wag and the ensuing statement of "i would make a great boyfriend because i pay attention" and next time he's bringing his own string! :) Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. :)
2) The patience, generosity, and love that friends have shown me this week. Chris, Michael, George, Anni, Jen, Michelle and Colleen in particular...thank you. I will endeavor to be less tedious in the coming weeks. :0)
3) Rob for playing Nintendo IT dude for Cameron and I this evening...even if we didn't get the damned thing to recognize my wi-fi....much hilarity ensued and I'm thankful. Maybe we can get it to work tomorrow, eh?
4) Anni for sharing this song with me tonight. The lyrics are here: http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858769221/ and they are really what moved me. The song is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfBY96qxVRQ
5) Knowing that I get to go to Aerial Fitness in the morning!
6) The wayback photos everyone is posting. It makes me so joyful to see you all at various stages in your lives. It is one of the more endearing things I've seen go by on this weird old site and I love it.
7) Beignets. Nom nom nom!
8) Comfy jammies to sit around the house in on a cold night. Fleece is wonderful stuff. :)
9) Three day weekends. I'm so thankful that I get one starting tonight. :)
10) Smiling because I can and then watching it catch other people as I walk down the street. I love the recognition that a smile brings...the answering grin, the gentle nod, the slightly straighter posture...it is a wonderfully contagious thing.
Much love to and for you all!