Rain, Rain, here you are
Summer drizzle from afar
Splish splash, puddles deep
Jumping in them with my feet...
Summer rain makes me pensive, thought-filled and good. Though I have to 'fess that I'm a little disoriented by this water coming from the sky. It is the "wrong" time of year for rain to be happening in Northern California. Still, I have to relish the fact that everything is being washed clean. I just wish I had my ladybug rain boots on so I could go puddle jumping without soaking my favorite shoes or acquiring soggy feet in the process. :)
It has been a good week or so. I've spent good time with loved ones, laughed a little, cried a little, danced a little, started yoga, started hula hooping, and realized that when I'm trying to do too many things, especially creative things, at once, that it is hard to excel at any of them. An important realization to be sure. What I'm going to do with it, I'm NOT sure, but it is still good to recognize it.
In addition to all of the glorious above, I also applied for Laney College this week. Originally I didn't think I was going to be public about it, but somehow here I am writing it so public it seems like it will be. It is my plan to take one photography class in the fall semester to see how I do in a formal school setting after all of these years. I never finished my BA and am looking down the barrel of the next many years of working and am getting clearer and clearer about the fact that I don't think I can do administrative assisting work for too much longer without going completely cuckoo/feeling my soul atrophy, so I may as well give school the er, old college try? *groan*
This week, I think, has been about personal renaissance...renaissances?...re-birth? Er...personal growth. Howzat? ;)
I've started exercising again. (HALLELUJAH!!!) This after a year of forced inactivity due to an injured neck.
I'm here writing again after a month or so of feeling like my Muse has maybe left me for good.
I "heard" a waltz in my head the other night, sang it into my voicemail and am now going to try to figure out what to do with it. I don't often "hear" music that isn't someone else's. It was nice. :)
I picked up my uke for the first time in a month and plinked on it a little.
I'm working on and finishing up photo projects slowly but surely and it is a relief to be seeing the "owed" photos sliding off the plate.
I'm learning to make down time happen a little. This is HUGE for me. I'm so incredibly bad at saying "no" and at putting my needs first. Down time is rather fantastic. I am learning about "Il dolce far niente!" The sweetness of doing nothing. It is delicious!!! It could become habit-forming. ;)
So er, yeah...without further ado I sing my gratitudes for...well...all of the above...and um:
1) Dancing at Opulent Temple with Barbara and Laura. Golly that was fun! And so good for my mind and soul and body and and and...
2) Wailin Jennys show with Michael and Katie. HOLY YUM!!! One of my fave quotes from the night was "Worrying is like praying for what you do not want to happen." Yeah...so good.
To which I say "Amen!"
4) Time with friends...good conversations, good laughter, yummy ease, delicious affection, and always... Love.
5) Learning about my boundaries and where I lack them. It is hard for me to establish and keep these and sometimes learning the hard way about them is painful but still good. I know that by not establishing mine clearly with one friend, that I unwittingly walked through those of two other people that I cherish and I am chewing on that one still so that I don't do it again.
6) Easy refunds from Groupon.
7) Conversations with my mommy! :)
9) Brushing my teeth.
10) My pillow...which is currently calling me...and I'm going to heed its sultry song.
Good night! :)