These past two weeks have been richly blessed with old friends that I haven't seen in a long time coming out of the woodwork, and it feels a lot like “old home week”! You know that magic happenstance that sometimes occurs with people in your life that you haven't seen in a while? The one where it feels like you're picking the conversation back up right where you left off? And it feels like you left off just yesterday... only the reality is that it has now been a year, or 5 years, or 10 or 15 years? Well I've been blessed by the magic of the "I haven't seen you in forever but it doesn't matter" Fairy this week, and I love it. My heart feels at rest because of it. I am SO lucky! YAY! Hooray for life's "forever friends" coming home to roost.
Hooray for those moments in life where you realize that love and friendship are a daily miracle and that they should never be taken for granted. Hooray for perspective that only certain people can afford you and for the ability to afford someone else the same. Hooray!
So, I’m sitting here on the couch in my jammies, reveling in the fact that I am sitting here on the couch in my jammies, and I’m remembering why I’m not always so great about writing these as regularly as I’d like. It seems that I find myself compelled to type these when I really should be sleeping. LOL
And …really…I’m not so great at brevity. If brevity is the soul of wit then I guess my wit is soul-less. *giggle*
In an attempt to make up for that fact, and without further ado, tonight I sing my gratitudes for:
1) Cat Burton – college roommate extraordinaire, dear friend who my heart loves no matter the amount of time apart, a brilliant, warm and funny woman, and all around delightful person. I swear to god you haven’t aged and you are so beautiful inside and out that it is breathtaking! Thank you for making lunch happen today. More! Soon! I love you!
2) Unexpected nights to myself. I needed the down time.
3) Giving myself permission to slack tonight. It sounds ridiculous, but I’m really bad about just doing nothing when I’m home. Doing nothing tonight was exactly what I needed.
4) Glee. I loves it. Nuff said!
5) Sitting here on the couch in my jammies, reveling in the fact that I am sitting here on the couch in my jammies!
6) Friendships that pick up where they left off. :)
7) Finding several recipes for Congress Tarts online. I can’t wait to have the time to try them out. These are lovely raspberry almond paste tartlets that my Gran used to make. I loved them as a child and can’t wait to make them myself.
8) HOORAY for the word HOORAY!
9) Silliness. It makes the world a better place.
10) Intelligent political discourse. Thank you Jack & Kevin in particular.
11) Scott for pointing me in the direction of this man’s amazing blog. I really like his voice in general, but this piece on bullying is remarkable and very important: http://www.danoah.com/2010/10/memoirs-of-bullied-kid.html
And now, I think sleep needs to occur. :) G’night!